1. Three questions with yes/no answer:
- Have you ever met a person from the countries involved in the project?
- Have you ever visited one of the countries involved in the project?
- Have you ever talked to a person from these countries?
2. Which of these countries have you visited? / have you met or talked to someone from?
Austria and Germany are the countries which have been most visited by our students: 43 people had been to Germany or had met a German person. 33 people had been to Austria or had met someone for that country. We guess that may be because several countries participating in the project are geographically close to these two countries.
3. Which language did you use to communicate?
We can see that most people (75) used English as a communication language and a significant number (17) used German too. The use of other languages for international communication was very small.
4. Meals that are typical from these countries
In the chart we can see the best known food from the countries involved in the project. We can see that there is food from almost all the countries (the Czech Republic is our hidden gem).
From the data we collected our hearty European meal would consist of:
- Starter: A Hungarian goulash soup or some Spanish paella.
- Main course: German sausages or Turkish kebab or some Spanish tortilla
- Dessert: Austrian cakes (Sachertorte, Apfelstrudel...) or Belgian Chocolates
Now it's time to get to know one another... and enjoy the differences!!!
Sunday, 25th November 2012
These are the results of the Austrian questionnaire. Data collected from 89 students.
In Hungary the students started to get to know each other, the differences and our common interests.